Best Point And Shoot Camera For Low Light Ideas #4 UMC-S3C Right
Bestbest (best),USA pronunciation adj., [superl. of]good [with]better [as compar.]
- of the highest quality, excellence, or standing: the best work; the best students.
- most advantageous, suitable, or desirable: the best way.
most: the best part of a day.
adv., [superl. of]well [with]better [as compar.]
- most excellently or suitably;
with most advantage or success: an opera role that best suits her voice.
- in or to the highest degree;
most fully (usually used in combination): best-suited; best-known; best-loved.
- as best one can, in the best way possible under the circumstances: We tried to smooth over the disagreement as best we could.
- had best, would be wisest or most reasonable to;
ought to: You had best phone your mother to tell her where you are going.
- something or someone that is best: They always demand and get the best. The best of us can make mistakes.
- a person's finest clothing: It's important that you wear your best.
- a person's most agreeable or desirable emotional state (often prec. by at).
- a person's highest degree of competence, inspiration, etc. (often prec. by at).
- the highest quality to be found in a given activity or category of things (often prec. by at): cabinetmaking at its best.
- the best effort that a person, group, or thing can make: Their best fell far short of excellence.
- a person's best wishes or kindest regards: Please give my best to your father.
- all for the best, for the good as the final result;
to an ultimate advantage: At the time it was hard to realize how it could be all for the best.Also, for the best.
- at best, under the most favorable circumstances: You may expect to be treated civilly, at best.
- get or have the best of:
- to gain the advantage over.
- to defeat;
subdue: His arthritis gets the best of him from time to time.
- make the best of, to cope with in the best way possible: to make the best of a bad situation.
- with the best, on a par with the most capable: He can play bridge with the best.
- to get the better of;
beat: He easily bested his opponent in hand-to-hand combat. She bested me in the argument.
Pointpoint (point),USA pronunciation n.
- a sharp or tapering end, as of a dagger.
- a projecting part of anything: A point of land juts into the bay.
- a tapering extremity: the points of the fingers.
- something having a sharp or tapering end: a pen point.
- a pointed tool or instrument, as an etching needle.
- a stone implement with a tapering end found in some Middle and Upper Paleolithic and Mesolithic cultures and used primarily for hunting.
- a mark made with or as if with the sharp end of something: Her sharp heels left points in the carpet.
- a mark of punctuation.
- period (def. 15).
- See under decimal fraction.
- [Phonet.]a diacritic indicating a vowel or other modification of sound.
- one of the embossed dots used in certain systems of writing and printing for the blind.
- something that has position but not extension, as the intersection of two lines.
- a place of which the position alone is considered;
spot: We're leaving for Chicago and points west.
- any definite position, as in a scale, course, etc.: the boiling point.
- (in acupuncture) a particular spot on the body at which a needle may be inserted, as to relieve pain.
- [Navig.]any of 32 separate horizontal directions, 11° 15′ apart, as indicated on the card of a compass or gauged with reference to the heading of a vessel.
- See point of sailing.
- a degree or stage: frankness to the point of insult.
- a particular instant of time: It was at that point that I told him he'd said enough.
- a critical position in a course of affairs: Morale had reached a low point.
- a decisive state of circumstances: He reached the point where he could no longer pay his debts.
- the important or essential thing: the point of the matter.
- the salient feature of a story, epigram, joke, etc.: to miss the point.
- a particular aim, end, or purpose: He carried his point.
- a hint or suggestion: points on getting a job.
- a single or separate article or item, as in an extended whole;
a detail or particular: the fine points of a contract.
- an individual part or element of something: noble points in her character.
- a distinguishing mark or quality, esp. one of an animal, used as a standard in stockbreeding, judging, etc.
- the extremities of an animal, esp. a horse or dog.
- [Railroads, Brit.]a switch.
- a single unit, as in counting.
- a unit of count in the score of a game: Our team won by five points.
- (in craps) the number that must be thrown to win but not including 7 or 11 on the first roll: Your point is 4.
- [Ice Hockey.]either of two positions, to the right or left of the goal, to which an attacking defenseman is assigned, usually in the execution of a power play, to help keep the puck in the attacking zone.
- [Basketball.]a position in the front court, usually taken by the guard in charge of setting up the team's offense.
- the position of the fielder who plays a short distance in front of and to the offside of the batsman.
- the fielder playing this position.
- [Chiefly Boxing.]the end or tip (of the chin).
- the action of a hunting dog that indicates the presence and location of game by standing rigid and directing its head toward the game.
- the position taken by a hunting dog in pointing game.
- a branch of an antler of a deer: an eight-point buck.
- a cross-country run.
- one of the narrow tapering spaces marked on a backgammon board.
- a single credit, usually corresponding to an hour's class work per week for one semester.
- Also called breaker point. either of a pair of contacts tipped with tungsten or platinum that make or break current flow in a distributor, as in an automobile.
- [Brit.]an outlet or socket.
- a unit of price quotation, as in the U.S., one dollar in stock transactions, one hundredth of a cent in cotton and coffee, or one cent in oil, grain, pork, etc.: The price of stock went up two points today.
- (esp. in motion pictures) a percentage point, usually of the gross profits, granted to someone who agrees to invest or otherwise participate in a business project: The star of the movie recieved a million dollar guarantee and five points.
- one percent of the face value of a loan, esp. a mortgage loan, added on as a placement fee or a service charge and paid in advance or upon closing of the loan.
- a unit of weight equal to &fracnumer;
of a carat.
- a patrol or reconnaissance unit that goes ahead of the advance party of an advance guard, or follows the rear party of the rear guard.
- the stroke in bayonet drill or combat.
- a unit of type measurement equal to 0.013835 inch (&fracnumer;
inch), or &fracnumer;
pica. Cf. Didot point system.
- Also called press-point. (in a press) one of several metal prongs for perforating the sheet so that it will be in register when the reverse is printed.
- a unit of measure of paper or card thickness, equal to 0.001 inch.
- See vaccine point.
- See point lace.
- any lace made by hand.
- one of the pendent parts of a label.
- the vertex of the angle formed at a frog by two rails;
the intersection of gauge lines in a switch or frog.
- a tapering movable rail, as in a railroad switch.
- (in the game of go) any place where lines intersect or meet.
- act of pointing.
- [Archaic.]a tagged ribbon or cord, formerly much used in dress, as for tying or fastening parts.
- [Obs.]an end or conclusion.
- [Obs.]a pointed weapon, as a dagger.
- at, on, or upon the point of, on the verge of;
close to: on the point of death.
- at this point in time, now;
at this precise moment in history: At this point in time the President believes peace has been achieved.
- in point, that is pertinent;
applicable: a case in point.
- in point of, as regards;
in reference to: in point of fact.
- make a point of, to regard as important;
insist upon: She made a point of complimenting her friend's apartment.
- make points with, [Informal.]to curry favor with: to make points with one's boss.Also, make Brownie points with.
- strain or stretch a point, to depart from the usual procedure or rule because of special circumstances;
make a concession or exception: Though the position required three years of previous experience, and he had only two, they stretched a point because of his outstanding record.
- to the point, pertinent;
fitting: The reply was short and to the point.
- to direct (the finger, a weapon, the attention, etc.) at, to, or upon something.
- to indicate the presence or position of (usually fol. by out): to point out an object in the sky.
- to direct attention to (usually fol. by out): to point out the advantages of a proposal.
- to furnish with a point or points;
sharpen: to point a lead pencil.
- to mark with one or more points, dots, or the like.
- [Sculpture.]to transfer measurements of depth from a clay, wax, or plaster model to (a block of stone) by means of an apparatus that drills holes to the required depth prior to carving.
- to punctuate, as writing.
- [Phonet.]to mark (letters) with points.
- to separate (figures) by dots or points (usually fol. by off).
- to give greater or added force to (often fol. by up): to point up the necessity for caution.
- [Hunting.](of a hunting dog) to indicate the presence and location of (game) by standing rigid and facing toward the game.
- to fill the joints of (brickwork, stonework, etc.) with mortar or cement treated in various ways with tools after application.
- to dress the surface of (a stone) with a pointed tool.
- to dress (a stone) with a point.
- to narrow the end of (a rod) for passing through the dies of a drawbench.
- to narrow the end of (a tube) over the head of a pin that is gripped to pull the tube through the dies of a drawbench.
- to indicate position or direction, as with the finger.
- to direct the mind or thought in some direction;
call attention to: Everything points to his guilt.
- to aim.
- to have a tendency toward something: Economic conditions point to further inflation.
- to have a specified direction: The sign pointed west.
- to face in a particular direction, as a building.
- [Hunting.](of a hunting dog) to point game.
- to sail close to the wind.
- (of an abscess) to come to a head.
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Shootshoot1 (sho̅o̅t),USA pronunciation v., shot, shoot•ing, n.
- to hit, wound, damage, kill, or destroy with a missile discharged from a weapon.
- to execute or put to death with a bullet: to be shot at sunrise.
- to send forth or discharge (a missile) from a weapon: to shoot a bullet.
- to discharge (a weapon): to shoot a gun.
- to send forth (words, ideas, etc.) rapidly: to shoot questions at someone.
- to fling;
propel: The volcano shot lava high into the air.
- to direct suddenly or swiftly: Shoot the spotlight on the doorway. He shot a smile at his wife.
- to move suddenly;
send swiftly along.
- to go over (country) in hunting game.
- to pass rapidly through, over, down, etc.: to shoot rapids.
- to emit (a ray or rays, as of light) suddenly, briefly, or intermittently.
- to variegate by threads, streaks, etc., of another color.
- to cause to extend or project: He shot out his arm and grabbed the ball.
- to discharge or empty, as down a chute: Do not shoot rubbish here!
- to throw, kick, or otherwise propel (a ball, puck, etc.), as at a goal or teammate.
- to score (a goal, points, etc.) by propelling the ball, puck, etc.
- to propel (a marble) from the crook or first knuckle of the forefinger by flicking with the thumb.
- (in dice games)
- to throw (the dice or a specific number).
- to wager or offer to bet (a sum of money): I'll shoot ten bucks.
- to photograph or film.
- to put forth (buds, branches, etc.), as a plant.
- to slide (a bolt or the like) into or out of its fastening.
- to pull (one's cuffs) abruptly toward one's hands.
- [Golf.]to make a final score of (so many strokes): He shot a 73 on the first 18 holes of the tournament.
- to take the altitude of (a heavenly body): to shoot the sun.
- to detonate;
cause to explode, as a charge of explosives.
- to practice (a maneuver) by repetition: to shoot landings.
- [Slang.]to inject (an addictive drug) intravenously.
- to send forth missiles from a bow, firearm, or the like.
- to be discharged, as a firearm.
- to hunt with a gun for sport: He fishes, but he doesn't shoot.
- to move or pass suddenly or swiftly;
spurt: The car shot ahead and was soon out of sight.
- [Naut.]to acquire momentum and coast into the wind, as a sailboat in a confined area.
- to grow forth from the ground, as a stem.
- to put forth buds or shoots, as a plant;
- to photograph.
- [Motion Pictures.]to film or begin to film a scene or movie.
- to extend;
jut: a cape shooting out into the sea.
- to propel a ball, puck, etc., at a goal, basket, pocket, etc., or in a specific direction: He shot for the green with a five iron.
- to propel a ball in a specific way: The center shoots left-handed.
- to be felt by or flow through or permeate the body: Pain shot through his injured arm. Chills shot up and down her spine.
- to carry by force of discharge or momentum: The missile left its pad and shot thousands of miles into space.
- to begin, esp. to begin to talk: I want to hear your complaint, so shoot!
- shoot down:
- to cause to fall by hitting with a shot: They shot down several ducks.
- [Informal.]to disparage, reject, or expose as false or inadequate;
debunk: to shoot down a popular theory.
- shoot for or at, to attempt to obtain or accomplish;
strive toward: He is shooting for a higher production level.
- shoot from the hip, to act or speak without due consideration or deliberation.
- shoot off one's mouth or face:
- to talk indiscreetly, esp. to reveal confidences, make thoughtless remarks, etc.
- to exaggerate: He likes to shoot off his mouth about what a great guy he is.
- shoot one's bolt. See bolt 1 (def. 16).
- shoot one's wad. See wad 1 (def. 7).
- shoot the breeze. See breeze 1 (def. 5).
- shoot the bull. See bull 3 (def. 2).
- shoot the works. See work (def. 18).
- shoot up:
- to grow rapidly or suddenly.
- [Informal.]to damage or harass by reckless shooting: cowboys shooting up the town.
- to wound by shooting: He shot up the lion, but his guide killed it.
- [Slang.]to inject an addictive drug intravenously.
- the act of shooting with a bow, firearm, etc.
- [Chiefly Brit.]a hunting trip or expedition.
- a match or contest at shooting.
- a growing or sprouting, as of a plant.
- a new or young growth that shoots off from some portion of a plant.
- the amount of such growth.
- a young branch, stem, twig, or the like.
- a sprout that is not three feet high.
- a chute.
- the launching of a missile.
- [Informal.]a photographic assignment or session, as for a feature film or a television commercial: The actress is away on a shoot.
- [Rowing.]the interval between strokes.
- a small tunnel branching off from a larger tunnel.
- a narrow vein of ore.
Cameracam•er•a (kam′ər ə, kam′rə),USA pronunciation n., pl. -er•as for 1,2, -er•ae (-ə rē)USA pronunciation for 3, adj.
- a boxlike device for holding a film or plate sensitive to light, having an aperture controlled by a shutter that, when opened, admits light enabling an object to be focused, usually by means of a lens, on the film or plate, thereby producing a photographic image.
- (in a television transmitting apparatus) the device in which the picture to be televised is formed before it is changed into electric impulses.
- a judge's private office.
- in camera:
- [Law.]in the privacy of a judge's chambers.
- off camera, out of the range of a television or motion-picture camera.
- on camera, being filmed or televised by a live camera: Be sure to look alert when you are on camera.
- Print. camera-ready.
Forfor (fôr; unstressed fər),USA pronunciation prep.
- with the object or purpose of: to run for exercise.
- intended to belong to, or be used in connection with: equipment for the army; a closet for dishes.
- suiting the purposes or needs of: medicine for the aged.
- in order to obtain, gain, or acquire: a suit for alimony; to work for wages.
- (used to express a wish, as of something to be experienced or obtained): O, for a cold drink!
- sensitive or responsive to: an eye for beauty.
- desirous of: a longing for something; a taste for fancy clothes.
- in consideration or payment of;
in return for: three for a dollar; to be thanked for one's efforts.
- appropriate or adapted to: a subject for speculation; clothes for winter.
- with regard or respect to: pressed for time; too warm for April.
- during the continuance of: for a long time.
- in favor of;
on the side of: to be for honest government.
- in place of;
instead of: a substitute for butter.
- in the interest of;
on behalf of: to act for a client.
- in exchange for;
as an offset to: blow for blow; money for goods.
- in punishment of: payment for the crime.
- in honor of: to give a dinner for a person.
- with the purpose of reaching: to start for London.
- contributive to: for the advantage of everybody.
- in order to save: to flee for one's life.
- in order to become: to train recruits for soldiers.
- in assignment or attribution to: an appointment for the afternoon; That's for you to decide.
- such as to allow of or to require: too many for separate mention.
- such as results in: his reason for going.
- as affecting the interests or circumstances of: bad for one's health.
- in proportion or with reference to: He is tall for his age.
- in the character of;
as being: to know a thing for a fact.
- by reason of;
because of: to shout for joy; a city famed for its beauty.
- in spite of: He's a decent guy for all that.
- to the extent or amount of: to walk for a mile.
- (used to introduce a subject in an infinitive phrase): It's time for me to go.
- (used to indicate the number of successes out of a specified number of attempts): The batter was 2 for 4 in the game.
- for it, See in (def. 21).
- seeing that;
Lowlow1 (lō),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, adv., -er, -est, n.
- situated, placed, or occurring not far above the ground, floor, or base: a low shelf.
- of small extent upward;
not high or tall: A low wall surrounds the property.
- not far above the horizon, as a planet: The moon was low in the sky.
- lying or being below the general level: low ground.
- designating or pertaining to regions near sea level, esp. near the sea: low countries.
- bending or passing far downward;
deep: a low bow.
- (of a garment) low-necked;
décolleté: The dress she wore was fashionably low.
- rising but slightly from a surface: a low relief on a frieze.
- of less than average or normal height or depth, as a liquid or stream: The river is low this time of year.
- near the first of a series: a low number.
- ranked near the beginning or bottom on some scale of measurement: a low income bracket.
- indicating the bottom or the point farthest down: the low point in his creative life.
- lacking in strength, energy, or vigor;
weak: to feel low and listless.
- providing little nourishment or strength, as a diet.
- of small number, amount, degree, force, intensity, etc.: low visibility; a generator with a low output.
- indicated or represented by a low number: A low latitude is one relatively near the equator.
- soft: subdued;
not loud: a low murmur.
- produced by relatively slow vibrations, as sounds;
grave in pitch.
- assigning or attributing little worth, value, excellence, or the like: a low estimate of a new book.
- containing a relatively small amount: a diet low in starches.
- nearing depletion;
not adequately supplied: low on funds; Our stock of towels is low.
- depressed or dejected: low spirits.
- far down in the scale of rank or estimation;
humble: of low birth.
- of inferior quality or character: a low grade of fabric; a low type of intellect.
- lacking in dignity or elevation, as of thought or expression.
- mean, base, or disreputable: low tricks; low companions.
- coarse or vulgar: entertainment of a low sort.
- [Boxing.]struck or delivered below a contestant's belt.
- having a relatively simple structure;
not complex in organization.
- (of a vowel) articulated with a relatively large opening above the tongue, as the vowels of hat, hut, hot, ought, etc. Cf. high (def. 23).
- of, pertaining to, or operating at the gear transmission ratio at which the drive shaft moves at the lowest speed with relation to the speed of the engine crankshaft, used esp. for temporarily overcoming the weight or inertia of the vehicle;
first: low gear.
- [Baseball.](of a pitched ball) passing the plate at a level below that of the batter's knees: a low curve.
- [Cards.]having less value than other cards: a low card.
- having a relatively small amount of a specified constituent (usually used in combination): low-carbon steel.
- [Chiefly Brit.]holding to Low Church principles and practices.
- in or to a low position, point, degree, etc.: The raiders crouched low in the bushes.
- near the ground, floor, or base;
not aloft: The plane flew low.
- in or to a humble or abject state: Some live low while others live high. She swore she would bring him low.
- in or to a condition of depletion, prostration, or death: The gas in the tank is running low.
- at comparatively small cost;
cheaply: to buy something low and sell it high.
- at or to a low pitch, volume, intensity, etc.: to turn the radio low; lights turned down low.
- in a low tone;
to speak low.
- [Archaic.]far down in time;
- lay low:
- to overpower or kill;
defeat: to lay one's attackers low.
- to knock down;
- [Informal.]to lie low.
- lie low:
- to conceal oneself: He had to lie low for a while.
- to do nothing until the right opportunity develops;
bide one's time: Until the dispute is settled, you would do best to lie low.
- something that is low, as ground or prices: numerous marshy lows in the forest; the recent low in the stock market.
- low gear;
- an atmospheric low-pressure system;
cyclone. Cf. high (def. 41).
- the lowest trump card.
- a card of small value, or of lower value than other cards.
- the lowest score in a game.
- a player having such a score.
- a point of deepest decline, vulgarity, etc.: a new low in tastelessness.
- a period of intense depression or discomfort, when the effects of a drug have subsided.
Lightlight1 (līt),USA pronunciation n., adj., -er, -est, v., light•ed or lit, light•ing.
- something that makes things visible or affords illumination: All colors depend on light.
- Also called luminous energy, radiant energy. electromagnetic radiation to which the organs of sight react, ranging in wavelength from about 400 to 700 nm and propagated at a speed of 186,282 mi./sec (299,972 km/sec), considered variously as a wave, corpuscular, or quantum phenomenon.
- a similar form of radiant energy that does not affect the retina, as ultraviolet or infrared rays.
- the sensation produced by stimulation of the organs of sight.
- an illuminating agent or source, as the sun, a lamp, or a beacon.
- the radiance or illumination from a particular source: the light of a candle.
- the illumination from the sun;
daylight: We awoke at the first light.
- daybreak or dawn: when light appeared in the east.
- daytime: Summer has more hours of light.
- a particular light or illumination in which an object seen takes on a certain appearance: viewing the portrait in dim light.
- a device for or means of igniting, as a spark, flame, or match: Could you give me a light?
- a traffic light: Don't cross till the light changes.
- the aspect in which a thing appears or is regarded: Try to look at the situation in a more cheerful light.
- the state of being visible, exposed to view, or revealed to public notice or knowledge;
limelight: Stardom has placed her in the light.
- a person who is an outstanding leader, celebrity, or example;
luminary: He became one of the leading lights of Restoration drama.
- the effect of light falling on an object or scene as represented in a picture.
- one of the brightest parts of a picture.
- a gleam or sparkle, as in the eyes.
- a measure or supply of light;
illumination: The wall cuts off our light.
- spiritual illumination or awareness;
- Also called day. one compartment of a window or window sash.
- a window, esp. a small one.
- mental insight;
- lights, the information, ideas, or mental capacities possessed: to act according to one's lights.
- a lighthouse.
- [Archaic.]the eyesight.
- bring to light, to discover or reveal: The excavations brought to light the remnants of an ancient civilization.
- come to light, to be discovered or revealed: Some previously undiscovered letters have lately come to light.
- hide one's light under a bushel, to conceal or suppress one's talents or successes.
- in a good (or bad ) light, under favorable (or unfavorable) circumstances: She worshiped him, but then she'd only seen him in a good light.
- in (the) light of, taking into account;
considering: It was necessary to review the decision in the light of recent developments.
- light at the end of the tunnel, a prospect of success, relief, or redemption: We haven't solved the problem yet, but we're beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel.
- see the light:
- to come into existence or being.
- to be made public.
- to begin to accept or understand a point of view one formerly opposed: Her father was opposed to her attending an out-of-town college, but he finally saw the light.
- shed or throw light on, to clarify;
clear up: His deathbed confession threw light on a mystery of long standing.
- having light or illumination;
well-lighted: the lightest room in the entire house.
- pale, whitish, or not deep or dark in color: a light blue.
- (of coffee or tea) containing enough milk or cream to produce a light color.
- to set burning, as a candle, lamp, fire, match, or cigarette;
- to turn or switch on (an electric light): One flick of the master switch lights all the lamps in the room.
- to give light to;
furnish with light or illumination: The room is lighted by two large chandeliers.
- to make (an area or object) bright with or as if with light (often fol. by up): Hundreds of candles lighted up the ballroom.
- to cause (the face, surroundings, etc.) to brighten, esp. with joy, animation, or the like (often fol. by up): A smile lit up her face. Her presence lighted up the room.
- to guide or conduct with a light: a candle to light you to bed.
- to take fire or become kindled: The damp wood refused to light.
- to ignite a cigar, cigarette, or pipe for purposes of smoking (usually fol. by up): He took out a pipe and lighted up before speaking.
- to become illuminated when switched on: This table lamp won't light.
- to become bright, as with light or color (often fol. by up): The sky lights up at sunset.
- to brighten with animation or joy, as the face or eyes (often fol. by up).
Ideasi•de•a (ī dē′ə, ī dēə′),USA pronunciation n.
- any conception existing in the mind as a result of mental understanding, awareness, or activity.
- a thought, conception, or notion: That is an excellent idea.
- an impression: He gave me a general idea of how he plans to run the department.
- an opinion, view, or belief: His ideas on raising children are certainly strange.
- a plan of action;
an intention: the idea of becoming an engineer.
- a groundless supposition;
- a concept developed by the mind.
- a conception of what is desirable or ought to be;
- (cap.) [Platonism.]Also called form. an archetype or pattern of which the individual objects in any natural class are imperfect copies and from which they derive their being.
- [Kantianism.]See idea of pure reason.
- a theme, phrase, or figure.
- a likeness.
- a mental image.
Rightright (rīt),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, n., adv., v.
- in accordance with what is good, proper, or just: right conduct.
- in conformity with fact, reason, truth, or some standard or principle;
correct: the right solution; the right answer.
- correct in judgment, opinion, or action.
- fitting or appropriate;
suitable: to say the right thing at the right time.
- most convenient, desirable, or favorable: Omaha is the right location for a meatpacking firm.
- of, pertaining to, or located on or near the side of a person or thing that is turned toward the east when the subject is facing north (opposed to left).
- in a satisfactory state;
in good order: to put things right.
- sound, sane, or normal: to be in one's right mind; She wasn't right in her head when she made the will.
- in good health or spirits: I don't feel quite right today.
- principal, front, or upper: the right side of cloth.
- (often cap.) of or pertaining to political conservatives or their beliefs.
- socially approved, desirable, or influential: to go to the right schools and know the right people.
- formed by or with reference to a perpendicular: a right angle.
- straight: a right line.
- [Geom.]having an axis perpendicular to the base: a right cone.
- pertaining to an element of a set that has a given property when placed on the right of an element or set of elements of the given set: a right identity.
authentic: the right owner.
- too right, [Australian Slang.]
- (used as an expression of emphatic agreement.)
- okay: "Can we meet tonight?'' "Too right.''
- a just claim or title, whether legal, prescriptive, or moral: You have a right to say what you please.
- Sometimes, rights. that which is due to anyone by just claim, legal guarantees, moral principles, etc.: women's rights; Freedom of speech is a right of all Americans.
- adherence or obedience to moral and legal principles and authority.
- that which is morally, legally, or ethically proper: to know right from wrong.
- a moral, ethical, or legal principle considered as an underlying cause of truth, justice, morality, or ethics.
- Sometimes, rights. the interest or ownership a person, group, or business has in property: He has a 50-percent right in a silver mine. The author controls the screen rights for the book.
- the property itself or its value.
- the privilege, usually preemptive, that accrues to the owners of the stock of a corporation to subscribe to additional shares of stock or securities convertible into stock at an advantageous price.
- Often, rights. the privilege of subscribing to a specified amount of a stock or bond issue, or the document certifying this privilege.
- that which is in accord with fact, reason, propriety, the correct way of thinking, etc.
- the state or quality or an instance of being correct.
- the side that is normally opposite to that where the heart is;
the direction toward that side: to turn to the right.
- a right-hand turn: Make a right at the top of the hill.
- the portion toward the right, as of troops in battle formation: Our right crumbled.
- (in a pair) the member that is shaped for, used by, or situated on the right side: Is this shoe a left or a right?
- the right hand: Jab with your left and punch with your right.
- the Right:
- the complex of individuals or organized groups opposing change in a liberal direction and usually advocating maintenance of the established social, political, or economic order, sometimes by authoritarian means.
- the position held by these people: The Depression led to a movement away from the Right.Cf. left 1 (defs. 6a, b).
- See right wing.
- (usually cap.) the part of a legislative assembly, esp. in continental Europe, that is situated on the right side of the presiding officer and that is customarily assigned to members of the legislature who hold more conservative or reactionary views than the rest of the members.
- the members of such an assembly who sit on the Right.
- [Boxing.]a blow delivered by the right hand: a right to the jaw.
- [Baseball.]See right field.
- by rights, in fairness;
justly: You should by rights have been asked your opinion on the matter.
- in one's own right, by reason of one's own ability, ownership, etc.;
in or of oneself, as independent of others: He is a rich man in his own right.
- in the right, having the support of reason or law;
correct: It pays to be stubborn when one is in the right.
- to rights, into proper condition or order: to set a room to rights.
- in a straight or direct line;
directly: right to the bottom; to come right home.
- quite or completely;
all the way: My hat was knocked right off.
promptly: right after dinner.
precisely: right here.
- correctly or accurately: to guess right.
- uprightly or righteously: to obey one's conscience and live right.
- properly or fittingly: to behave right.
- advantageously, favorably, or well: to turn out right.
- toward the right hand;
on or to the right: to keep right; to turn right.
extremely: a right fine day.
- very (used in certain titles): the right reverend.
- right and left, on every side;
in all directions: throwing his clothes right and left; members resigning right and left.
- right away or off, without hesitation;
immediately: She made a good impression right off.
- right on, [Slang.]exactly right;
- to put in or restore to an upright position: to right a fallen lamp.
- to put in proper order, condition, or relationship: to right a crookedly hung picture.
- to bring into conformity with fact;
correct: to right one's point of view.
- to do justice to;
avenge: to be righted in court.
- to redress, as a wrong.
- to resume an upright or the proper position: After the storm the saplings righted.
Hi peoples, this image is about Best Point And Shoot Camera For Low Light Ideas #4 UMC-S3C Right. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 3205 x 2405. This blog post's file size is just 232 KB. If You decided to save It to Your PC, you might Click here. You also also see more attachments by clicking the photo below or see more at here: Best Point And Shoot Camera For Low Light.
For Best Point And Shoot Camera For Low Light Ideas #4 UMC-S3C Right features a green area that could typically be utilized being a park spot which is planted with various types of flowers that'll create a wonderful and add aesthetic benefit to the household. For that latest property garden decoration is regular of two parts, back and specifically the front of the house.
Where each aspect features a specific place and may be maximized consequently a beautiful backyard and interesting to possess diverse characteristics, and certainly will be tailored towards the needs of every house. Wildlife is one-part of the Best Point And Shoot Camera For Low Light which can be made to begin to see the whole-house seems more wonderful and desirable. Regrettably, you can still find lots of people who don't believe too much so your look of your home appears from the outside to become appealing and less wonderful about decorating the garden.
For decorating the Best Point And Shoot Camera For Low Light Ideas #4 UMC-S3C Right the very first suggestions are to create little gardens. This miniature garden means a green region which can be on the top of the house like a small location with various kinds of flowers which are stunning and in a position to describe a beautiful green location. Then you can also produce a city park with no less beautiful view for the city park, in case you have been inspired from your town park.
Some gorgeous crops you can select like trees are decorative flowers tiny, and grasses which will meet with the land area within the playground facing your home. The theory that both Best Point And Shoot Camera For Low Light Ideas #4 UMC-S3C Right is just a park that is not always green. This implies layout or a house garden style that will employ different suggestions, which makes a little share, that is not just a large amount of use flowers that are natural, but simply to optimize the big event of water and electrical power init.
To make a house yard decor is modern front, there are a few exciting ideas that you could utilize, therefore the playground isn't merely a green location to position the plants develop nicely, but also can provide a superb visual benefit to the house front. Thus become a value that is added to the house with naturalness.
In addition to the tiny pool you may also produce sebuaha tiny fountain or even a little fountain that's used with organic concepts, such as the usage of lumber like a water flushed or by the utilization of rocks, where the water is likely to be shown more evidently aswell.